I created this blog because everyone who works with Cognos or Microsoft SQL has tips and tricks to share. Admins and developers always run into problems and find workarounds. This is a place to share those ideas.
I am a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist with certification in Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance. My IT specialties include database administration, business intelligence and medical imaging services. I have designed and developed business solutions with the IBM Cognos and Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence platforms since 1999.
Recent Business Intelligence Projects:
- Pharmacy Providers of Oklahoma - Building a claims data mart for thousands of pharmacies nationwide.
- Sonic – Analyzing data from over 3,600 drive-in restaurants.
- Petroleum Pump Manufacturer – Global general ledger consolidation and supply chain visibility project with Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence.
- Oilfield Pipe, Valve and Fittings Company – IBM Cognos mentoring and tuning.
- Oil and Gas Production Company – Report conversion project from Business Objects to IBM Cognos.
- Medical Industry – Eight years experience with imaging centers, physician practices and surgical hospitals. Projects included data warehouse and reporting projects with IDX, NextGen, GE Centricity and other data sources.
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist with certification in Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance.
At the age of 13, I began teaching ‘grown-ups’ how to use their Commodore 64′s and TRS-80 computers. For an extra dollar I would even fix their Rubik’s cube. I’ve worked with computers ever since. I received an MBA from University of Central Oklahoma with emphasis in Computer Sciences and a B.S. in Agricultural Economics from Oklahoma State University.